Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Upward Beauty

So after drawing two faces that are looking straight ahead I thought I should again get out of my comfort zone and try to have a lady looking upward toward the sky. So I started sketching and this is what I came up with.
 
 
By this stage of the retreat I had gotten forgetful and was having too much fun so I forgot to take a picture of just the sketch on my wood panel canvas. I again decided to have lotus flowers in the background and am yet to decide if I will put a quote or favourite saying on the panel.
 
For this project I used Neo Colour II Crayons, Prisma pencils and a bit more acrylic paint the on the last panel.
I also created a third wood panel which makes a series of 3, however I didn't get a chance to finish her before I left the scrapbooking retreat. I am hoping to have time to finish her on the weekend and then I can share her with you. And whilst I am no amazing artist I am happy with my progress drawing/sketching faces just from the practice I had on the weekend. I don't think that next time I go to sketch a face I will be so daunted. Infact, I think I'll be a little excited cos I don't even know how they will turn out lol.
 
Thanks again for stopping by
 
Cassandra
 


2 comments:

  1. What can I say she is gorgeous, love the colour of her hair on that background. I know you dont take compliments very well but suck it up baby because again I am going to tell you that you are very talented and I love watching your grow x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your a gorgeous lady miss Deena. Thank you for taking the time to even comment on my work, it is appreciated more then you know xoxo

      Delete