Monday, October 12, 2015

Luckiness and Art

I have been very busy but very lucky the last couple of weeks.
 
On Grand Final weekend we went on a 4 day caravan/camping weekend with friends and took our gorgeous rescue dog Daisy! It was Daisy's first camping trip so that was exciting and nerve racking, and apart from some anxiety on both her part and mine, she loved it!! And then on the weekend just gone I was lucky enough to go on a 4 day scrapbooking retreat with some awesome ladies! It was only about 45 mins from home too, so super convenient!
 
I must admit I had no idea what I would do or create on this retreat. I felt I had lost my mojo. So I just took as much junk as I could fit in the back cab of hubby's Navara and thought even if I don't use it all, at least it is there so I have the choice.
Funny thing is I ended up only using the items that were packed onto my craft trolley! It was fantastic. I grabbed my Jane Davenport book and just began drawing faces as per her instructions on her book. I am not keen on drawing tiny faces so I decided to draw a big face. Here is my first attempt.
 

 
And below her wavy fly away hair.

 
I loved the proportions of everything I had drawn on this face! So I decided to add some colour using Neo Colour II Watersoluable Crayons, Prisma Pencils and various other goodies.

 
And yeah she has a long neck, but I don't care! I wasn't going for realism here, I wouldn't like to put that pressure on myself for starters, I am more then happy with a whimsical look.

 
Anyway, I never expected her face to be so beautiful, so I was spewing I had drawn this face in a moleskin journal with paper that was not suited to water as it is buckled. I knew I should have used my Mixed Media Journal instead lol. So then I started getting out my wood panel canvases. I'll share the first one tomorrow.
 
Thanks for stopping by
 
Cassandra
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Cassie she is gorgeous, so glad that you didn't put any pressure on yourself, cannot wait to see the wooded canvas

    ReplyDelete